Thursday, December 17, 2009

Begin Again in 2010


In just a few days now, 2009 will be history. What a year! I'm thankful for all that God has done for me this year -- but frankly, I'm glad this year is near completion. I'm ready for a new year - a new beginning - a new slate - a new day. This has not been an easy year for me. Many of the things I hoped for, just did not come to pass. I've had many disappointments this year --- many supposed friends have walked away.
The economy has really hurt us all this year. With record unemployment in America, many families just cannot see how they can go on. The cost of living only continues to escalate, with no end in sight. Our national leaders continue to talk about 'hope' out of one side of their mouth, but plunge us further into debt. Even our new President who rode a wave of "hope" into the White House -- now is mired so deep in Washington politics that the American people are losing hope in him.
Where is real hope anyway? The 'old-timers' (me included) used to sing a song, "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness." The refrain of that song says, "On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!".
That's the hope! That's the way out! That's the way to true happiness -- Christ the Solid Rock. Not much else in this life has any "stick-a-bility" - when jobs leave - when money leaves - when friends leave - when hope leaves -- there is ONE who will never leave. HE is solid! He's my Rock.
So goodbye 2009 -- take your grief with you. I want to "Begin Again in 2010"! A New day is coming ... a new year is coming... I know who will be standing in the doorway of 2010 when I get there -- Jesus the Solid Rock!

No comments: