Sunday, August 16, 2009

Breath of God

Tonight, I'm really stirred in my spirit. I hope you will be too, when you read what I will try to say. I've been made aware -- I've come to realize just how much I desperately need the breath of God in my life. The more I know, the more I realize I don't know. The longer I live, the more I'm aware of how totally inadequate I am. When I was much younger, I used to believe that I could do anything - conquer anything - accomplish anything I put my mind too. Before you go off on me, and quote all the pop-psychology textbooks back to me....I've read them all (well a lot of them). I know the power of positive thinking and all that. What I'm trying to say, I've come to realize that apart from the power of the Holy Spirit in my life, I am nothing -- absolutely nothing! I just finished a three-part sermon series this morning entitled, "It's Time for a Check-up". The first part dealt with Head issues -- your heritage, the command and control of your life, and the way you think. The second part dealt with Heart issues - where your priorities are, and the power of the blood of Jesus to truly transform and protect us. Today I dealt with the Lungs -- the breathing process. God gave us the breath of life - appreciate it. Jesus gave us the breath of regeneration - enjoy it. The Holy Spirit has and is still "breathing" on those who will ask Him -- to enable, to equip, and to empower. In my life, I desperately am crying out - "Breathe on me - Holy Spirit". The "church" desperately needs the breath of the Spirit to enable us - to equip us - and to empower us. We just cannot make it without the breath of the Spirit. I need the Holy Spirit now in my life, more than I have ever needed Him before. I'm helpless without Him. Remember the Holy Spirit is a person. I choose to invite Him into my life and to breathe His life in and through me today. How about you? Check and see - how well are you really doing after all, apart from the breath of the Spirit in your life? If you want or need more of Him - pray now - "Breathe on me Holy Spirit"! HE will!

No comments: