Monday, October 26, 2009

To Hell and Back

As I wrote in my last blog, Darla and I had the opportunity to go on a cruise with her family to Grand Cayman Island. I was shocked to find out that during our taxi tour of the island that we were going to stop in HELL. That's right folks, there is really a town (if you can call it that) called HELL on Grand Cayman Island. People on the bus made jokes about "going to hell" -- got me to thinking. You know it really was terribly hot that day .... well, I can truthfully say that I have been to hell, and come back to tell about it. They even have a post office in "hell". Wow! Some of the fellow travelers wanted to mail post cards to their friends - postmarked "hell". It was sort of creepy. Got me to thinking....Thank God, because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, I do not have to worry about spending an eternity without God in a place called "hell". Because I believed the Gospel, and accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior, I will never ever step one foot in HELL -- the real hell. So, a few weeks ago, I went to Hell -- Grand Cayman hell -- and came back to tell you all that Jesus Christ is still Lord, and trusting in HIM gurantees you a home in HEAVEN, not HELL. Have you trusted HIM as Lord of your life?? Do it now! Hell is too hot for me!

No comments: