Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WE WERE NOT READY!

This has been an interesting week -- here in Atlanta, Georgia!  We have been "frozen" in for the past three days.  Inches of snow came Sunday night....then ice ... and more ice.....

Now I'm very familiar with this scenario -- having just spent the past four years in Chicago - this is not strange.  I just don't remember not being able to get out --  the roads in Chicago were quickly opened -- even the side streets.  I know, I know ... this doesn't happen very often in the deep South -- but, it does happen!!

My point -- WE WERE NOT READY!   When I say WE, I'm talking about the vast majority of the people, and especially the Department of Transportation.  They just do NOT have enough plows and salt trucks.  The weather forecasters on every TV station in the city were ALL telling us --- it's coming --- it's going to be BIG!

The biggest complaint the officials are saying now, "it came earlier than expected" --- fact is, the TV people said initially it would start at 10 p.m. Sunday night -- and it started around 8 p.m. (where I live in the suburbs) --- so, two hours early!  So.......

This all reminds me today of the Scriptural warning concerning the second return of our Lord Jesus Christ --- people WILL be taken by surprise  (ever wondered why? -- since we've heard about it coming for almost 2,000 years).  The point is -- people just don't listen anymore!  They don't pay attention anymore!  That's the problem.

The time to get ready is NOT at the last moment!  The time to get ready is when the first warning is given.

Well, if you haven't paid attention -- if you haven't heard --- JESUS IS COMING SOON --- WHEN I SAY SOON -- I MEAN SOON!

Get ready NOW!  Get your house in order NOW!  It's getting late --- I believe 2011 could be the 11th hour warning.

No comments: